Middle-earth
Vil du reagere på denne meldingen? Registrer deg på forumet med noen få klikk eller logg inn for å fortsette.

Middle-earth

There was a time when the world was slowly plunging into darkness and chaos. A time with witchcraft and sorcery. A time where nearly none stood against evil.

IndeksLatest imagesSøkBli MedlemLogg Inn

The Hellspawn and agents of heaven

Go down 
AvInnlegg
Heygutt
Admin
Heygutt

Antall Innlegg : 113

The Hellspawn and agents of heaven Empty
PosteTema: The Hellspawn and agents of heaven   The Hellspawn and agents of heaven Icon_minitimeFre Apr 25, 2014 6:59 am

"The world is ready to burn, and you are the one with the torch"
- Koliostro, a freed hellspawn

The creation

Exerpt of the libram of legendarium:

Aru, the creator, gives a part of himself when he creates life. As more lifeforms are born, Aru slowly fades, as a part of his spirit is distributed among each body. One could say his spirit lives within all lifeforms. This "light" that lives within us is more known to mortals as; the soul. The soul is pure and consists of Aru`s true light.

When mortals die their souls travel into the void to embrace their lord Aru as something more than just his former newborn spirits. They return as individual souls that have lived out their lives on Middle-earth and experienced its joys and sorrows. These souls restore Aru and strenghens him even more than before.

The race for souls
The souls that are corrupted, or pick up the mantle of evil, are unable to venture back to Aru`s embrace. Instead they are drawn to the evil that surrounds the dark one. For every soul that Morgoroth attain, his powers grow. He desires to cross over into the mortal dimensions and destroy Middle-earth, and the universe with it. In the wake of his destruction he will convert any remaining mortal souls with his dark hatred and grow to the peak of his powers, and finally be able slay Aru, his father.

This will mean the end of all creation. The dark one will then become the new Aru (Aru=He that is alone, the first), with the imperishable flame in his posession, and the power to create life.

The Hellspawn and agents of heaven 110

The evil souls on Middle-earth

When one perform foul or evil acts it will make the eyes of darkness turn towards you. The dark void will take notice. You give it "a new player", and it will crave you. For the dark void need its army of soldiers and generals to overthrow the other gods of Middle-earth.

The void`s dark master, Morgoroth, has many "demons in training". Pshycopaths that rampages the earth before they die. Over the ages these battlegrounds have changed, but the prize remains the same: The Soul.

The Hellspawn

The dark army consist of evil souls. These soldiers are led by generals that are the very embodyment of evil known as Hellspawn. When a Hellspawn is created they are infused with dark energy called Necroplasm. This power is infinite while in the dark void (Morgoroth`s domain) and finite when outside.

The Hellspawn and agents of heaven Spawn-13

Most Hellspawn were once human, and made a bargain with the darkness to return to Middle-earth for either love or vengeance; Morgoroth would agree to return them to Middle-earth if they vow to become an officer in the Hellspawn army. This deal usually backfires on the Hellspawn, as then they would return to earth several years (or decades) into the future. When a Hellspawn is born they are bonded with a symbiotic armor that protects the Host. This armor, and their body, is fueled by Necroplasm.  A Hellspawn is dependent on Necroplasm to survive. Middle-earth hosts no such dark energy, so their time on earth is limited, starving them. Each time a Hellspawn uses his powers it brings him closer to a second death, returning him to the dark void. A hellspawn can feed on evil, or the evil of others on Middle-earth, as violence is all they know. The Hellspawn thrive on it. Yet to feed on it does not prolong their time on Middle-earth all that much.

The paths of the Hellspawn
The nature of Hellspawn as generals in the dark void`s army is threefold. At firsthanded a Spawn can be a successful murderer and use his energy to kill innocent and evil alike, thereby providing the dark lord Morgoroth with more souls. The darkness could have watched a mass-murdrer for decades, then sends a Hellspawn to kill him when the time is right, and claim his evil soul to have him reborn as a terrible demon in the void. Only emissaries of darkness are able to send evil souls to the dark void through sheer murder.

Secondly the spawn can try to do good by killing bad people (criminals, killers, assassins or cut-throats). However, this will only supply the dark void with the souls of the worst kind of murderers. The strenght of a future hellspawn or demon is measured by their own amount of evil before they die or is killed, preferably the latter.

Thirdly a spawn can refuse to kill and be destroyed by agents of heaven, in which case The dark void does not lose anything and will just make another Hellspawn as they already have sealed the deal.

Agents of heaven
In faith and the miracles of the divine, many find a greater purpose. Some individuals are recruited into secret templar orders and become hunters of the darkness. These celestial warriors serve as bounty hunters of heaven. They believe in slaying the hellspawn that return to Middle-earth before they are dragged back to the darkness. The celestial warriors believe evil must be destroyed and often clash with the Phoenix Order. The paladins of the Phoenix Order believe in salvation and a second chance for redemption, rather than a swift and merciless death. But even the paladins realize that not everyone can be delivered from evil.

The darkness does not have the power to make an individual choose to become evil. It is up to everyone else to justify their own actions and beliefs.
- Optimus, High Priest of Leos

The tale of the newborn Hellspawn

Part 1

The spawn gasped for air as he awoke wearing only torn rags. He lay in a back alley amongst some trash. His incinerated skin wracked him untold anguish. The pain was overwhelming, but temporary. Moments later his necrotic armor manifested, and cladded his body like an iron maiden closing its door on its victim.  

In his new powerful form he sought and located an abandoned church, looking to regain his soul. This world is not his domain anymore. His domain is that of burned skin. His shell of necroplasm. And the scarlet shroud, a great cloak, that hovers around him, protecting him and posessing him at the same time.

The hellspawn fell into despair.

Images of love and hate tortured him at first. There was no respite for the inner pain. The question remained the same for each new Hellspawn; How long, if at all, could he hang on to his humanity?

Robbers appoached. When threatened, the Hellspawn resorted to what he knows best, his inbrained instincts to survive. And with his new powers the wicked men met a wicked end.

The spawn did not believe what he had become. He needed proof, so he sought his own grave.

He pinpointed the graveyard when he came near. He could feel the death. Some of the corpses in this area had come back to unlife, walking the cemetary. He quickly disposed of them. Creatures of dark nurishes the Hellspawn. Thus their evil strenghtened him, and restored some of his power.

He dug up his own grave and saw his own decayed remains. He knew then that he was truly cursed. But the curse brought powers with it. Like bestowing visions to people. To see their loved ones and speak to their spirit. And so he spoke to his own spirit, or what was left of his remains in the coffin. He had memories of his wife. Oh how dearly he wanted to see her again. Hold her in his arms once more. But he had forgot why he had been sent back. He wanted answers. His corpse, now some kind of revenant, held some answers.

"You made a deal you stupid son of a bitch! To see your "beloved" wife Liria again. Time to pay the price!"

His corpse showed him violent visions of how he died. Being burned alive by his comrades on a covert operation. Betrayal!

He took the wedding ring of his corpse`s shriveled hand and put it his own finger.

He knew he had to move on. And so he spent many days figuring out what to do. He needed to see his wife. His love. The very reason he was back with the living.

Later that night his wife`s grandmother visited his grave. He recognized her immediately and followed after her as she went home.

He decided to approach the blind old woman, knowing that she would at least be unable to see his true appearance; his burned skin, his black necrotic shell, and the crimson shroud coiling around on his back as if alive.

Still the Hellspawn altered his appearance into his human form. An ability he posessed.

He knocked on her door. After a while old lady answered the door.

"Yes, who is it?"

" An old friend looking for Liria." he said in a calm voice.

"She is out for the moment, would you like to come in and wait for her?"

"Sorry, it was a mistake, I will leave."

"Dont leave yet.. Alisander."

She spoke the Hellspawns name.

"Granny?" He replied, somewhat relieved.

"What? you think I still would`nt know you? I visit your grave every sunday. To talk to you. And pray for you. I prayed that you would answer me in some way."

She seemed very calm. The Hellspawn was unsure if she believed it really was him she was talking to.

" I could use a few prayers."

"My boy, last night I had a dream you were in a darkened church, looking for the lord."

"You always did see more than the others granny."

"It IS you!" She smiled and rejoiced.

"You have come from the heavens havent you? An angel to watch over us. You always had a good heart Alisander."

"Granny.." He sighed. "I wish I was the person you want me to be."

"You always had a good heart Alisander, you just need to follow it. The sacred writings say; if you see and hear with your heart, you will be shown the mysteries of his kingdom."

"The afterlife is not what the good book says granny."

"Why dont you come inside?"

"I was wrong to come, I wanted to see Liria. I.. I was afraid."

"What could you be afraid of?"

"That I would never see her again."

"Nothing can keep you and Liria apart. Not death, not anything. Just wait for her. Watch over here. She will join you in heaven one day."

"You always had faith granny. You are the only one who knows I`ve come back."

A young girl steps up from behind the old lady. The Hellspawn recognized his daughter, eight years old today.

"This is my granny, she cant see."

He kneels down and strokes through her hair in a fatherly way.

"She sees more than most," He replied with a soft voice.

"I think Liria knows that you are still with her," granny continued.

The Hellspawn caresses his wedding ring for a moment. Then he gets up and walk away.

"Alisander?" The old lady stretches her hand out fumbling in front of her.

"Thats the sad man." The girl points as he disappears into the dark.  

The Curse of The Crimson Shroud

Part 2

An old bearded man approaches the Hellspawn in the back alley with a stern look on his face.

"The crimson shroud is a curse, and a hellspawn can be free of it!"

The Hellspawn turns to the old man in suspicion, but remains silent.

"I was a Hellspawn like you. Now I serve as a guardian. My name is Koliostro, and I freed myself."

The old man grabbed the Hellspawn`s arm and gave him visions of a knight in black armor riding on a horse slaughtering farmers and other soldiers in a bloody battle. The black knight got killed by his nemesis. The knight stood in a fire and made a deal with a dark presence to become a Hellspawn, if he could return and destroy his nemesis and his army.

As I said. I turned away from my path and saved my soul. Come with me and I will show you what I`m talking about.

The Hellspawn believed the old man. He did neither have anywhere else to go, and would not mind hiding from the celestial bounty hunters for the time being.

The old man took him to a ruined fortress in the mountains, and took him deep below the broken rock. It was some sort of grand library filled with dusty tomes and other ancient relics. Old Armors and weapons stood for display, and they passed many tombs on their way into the heart of the sanctum.

"As I said, I am a knight curator of antiqueties. A guardian.  It is I who keep these relics safe. I have been waiting for you. In every few hundred years a hellspawn is sent to earth. I am one of the oldest of the Hellspawn that are free from Morgoroth`s grasp."

He points over to a tomb of stone with a statue carved into the lid of an armored knight grasping a claymore.

"I have tried to guide others as I`m triyng to guide you. They were lost souls."

"Wait a minute old man! What the hell is this place!?"

"This is the shrine of Hellspawn. These artifacts are all that remain from hellspawns of the past. They were CURSED, like you. This is their shrine, a reminder of what may be your fate."

"It is all foretold here in the book of knowledge. Written a long time ago in the time of the mist.
It can help you break the curse and defy Morgoroth. The deal."

The old man sits down at a massive desk carved out of stone.

"He makes you a prisoner in the shroud. But you can escape it."

"It fights against me, I cant control it! I cant fight it. And the dreams. The same haunting dreams.."

The old man raises his hand and points his finger in the air and takes a deep breath.

"To be a master of the shroud, you must be a master of your heart."

"My heart is dead!" the Hellspawn replies angrily.

"Thats what the darkness wants you to believe! The darkness will seep in like a sickness if you let it. The shroud controls your flesh, but there is a way to keep it from controling your mind, your heart."

"And exactly how am I supposed to do that old man?"

"Bury the man you were, and become a better man. Only then will the shroud serve you. Allow the shroud to envelope you."

"But I am dead! I`m not human anymore. I have lost my soul!"

"Humans dream! Not dead men who have sold their souls. These are signs of humanity. There is hope for you yet."

The Hellspawn sits down in disbelief.

"I dont understand it old m.."

"Koliostro is my name boy!"

He pauses for a moment.

"I dont understand it Koliostro. What am I?"

The old man turns a page of the large book.

"I first saw you in the back alley with the beggars after you came back to this world. They were the only ones that didn`t fear you, and even if you left to look for an answer someplace else, you always returned to them.
You see, new Hellspawn, warriors, often find allies among those damned by the society. All new hellspawn hide themself away from varyness, confusion and torment. They choose solitude. Hiding in the shadows."

"A hellspawn is returned to earth seamingly soulless. His mind ravaged, his memory shattered. In this city a river of humanity rushes past, leaving behind, in the allys, the refugees, those that become lost in the night. The sick. The broken. You shared this alley with the lost souls, who like yourself long to escape their wounded and tormented excistence."

Koliostro pauses and swipes his forefinger over the next page.

"One does not truly know what a Hellspawn is."

"Questions the templars always ponder; does a Hellspawn feel anything at all? or is it hard, dark and empty, with no shred of humanity left?"

"And for each newborn that arrives here I myself always wonder; WILL the spawn find a scrap of humanity within himself? And when he defends himself against attackers is his acts that of a predator whoose terretory has been invaded? Has his basic instinct to kill taken a hold?"

"Every hellspawn, all the way back to the primeordial past has lost their struggle with the darkness."

Koliostro looks frustrated, and raises his voice.

"Each one sank into the pit, into the hands of Morgoroth. Within you is the remnants of other hellspawn from the past."

The Hellspawn looked down into his open hands feeling drained.

"I have been feeling weak lately, after battling a band of thugs Koliostro. Do you know why?"  

"Allthough the uniform will protect you, a Hellspawn is not invinsible. The coming night will restore your power. But it will not replenish forever. Your time is fading like sand in a hourglass."

"But to more important matters! A spawn must make a choice on which side he is on. Once free from his guilt he can pursue the true goal. Evil spawns roam the world killing the worst killers alive to harvest their souls, and to make them unable to redeem themselves while they are alive."

"I understand that, but why me? I was a man of honor. Our actions was blessed by our good lords!"

"You were a killer! Having somebody telling you cold blooded murder is the work of god does not make it so. And deep within you you knew that. Perhaps you even enjoyed it up to a certain point!?"

"They were wicked men and heretics! They deserved their deaths! The men and women. ALL of them!"

Koliostro lifts his head with a judging look and replies;

"Your present form was born on that day you gave up on humanity."
Til Toppen Go down
https://midgardi.norwegianforum.net

The Hellspawn and agents of heaven
Til Toppen 
Side 1 av 1

Permissions in this forum:Du kan ikke svare på temaer i dette forumet
Middle-earth :: The Library-
Gå Til: